Meet Dr. Jenkins
Board Certified Oral Surgeon serving Comal County
Dr. Christopher D. Jenkins is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who served 36 years in the U.S. Army. Dr. Jenkins was born and raised in Michigan. He graduated with his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the University of Michigan where he received the USAR Health Professions Scholarship. Dr. Jenkins also attended Medical school and graduated with Doctor of Medicine in 2000. Dr. Jenkins served as a General Dentist and Brigade dentist for 3 years in Germany before returning to Brook Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston for his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
After residency, Dr. Jenkins served at the Chief officer in Charge of the Dental Clinic at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Dr. Jenkins spent most of his time in the Army training more than 60 residents in the specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Jenkins was also deployed to Bosnia as the 1st Artillery Division Dentist and to Iraq as the Theater Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
After retiring from a decorated military career in 2020, Dr. Jenkins joined Dr. Gossett in private practice. In his free time, Dr. Jenkins enjoys working his ranch, hunting and hiking with his wife Rosalinda, 2 sons Christopher and James and his grandson.
Dr. Jenkins holds many titles and has received many awards:
- Member Military Order of Medical Merit
- Army Alternate Delegate to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery- 9 yrs
- Diplomat, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2 Meritorious Service Medals
- 5 Army Commendations Medals
- 3 Army Achievement Medals
- Army Good Conduct Medal
- Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal
- Served as Mock Board Examiner.
- Taught multiple courses throughout the years on Dentofacial Deformities, Head and Neck Trauma, Orthognathic Surgery, Wound Healing and more